This recipe for Crockpot Fajita Chicken is really easy to make and so super delicious. I like it so much I made two batches and froze it all in single serving containers for eating with salads, lettuce wraps, sandwich wraps, etc. There are so many ways to prepare meals, lunches and snacks with this delicious dish and it’s a super healthy, simply hearty meal for the everyone in the family. I love to put a serving of this Fajita Chicken on top of my salad, the taste is so good, I don’t want to ruin it by adding salad salad dressing.
You can also serve this up with Mexican rice if you’d like, add sour cream and cheese even, if your not paleo. Either way, it’s super delicious!
INGREDIENTS FOR CHICKEN:
4 Boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp. powered garlic
INGREDIENTS FOR VEGETABLES & SPICES
2 yellow onions, sliced thin (I used my Ninja for this)
2 green peppers, sliced thin
2 red peppers, sliced thin
2 tsp. powered garlic
2 tsp. ground cumin
1 (15.5 ounce) jar of organic salsa
1. Place chicken in a baking dish, whisk olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice and garlic powder in a small measuring cup. Pour olive oil mixture
over the chicken. Cover and place in the refrigerator to marinate overnight.
2. The next morning, place the onions and bell peppers in the bottom of your crock-pot. Sprinkle the powdered garlic and cumin over the
vegetables. Place the chicken on top of the vegetables and pour marinade over it all. Pour the salsa evenly over the chicken.
3. Put the lid on and cook on low for anywhere between 4-6 hours until chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
4. Remove chicken and shred.
5. Add back to onion and pepper mixture and blend.
Check out these other Paleo crockpot recipes: