What are the symptoms of breast implant illness and silicone toxicity /poisoning?
Breast implant illness is a period of sickness affecting the body caused by silicone or saline breast implants. Symptoms of breast implant illness vary from body to body due to personal differences, the type of breast implants and the progression of the illness however it appears that a few symptoms show up a little earlier and more consistently such as fatigue, cognitive dysfunction (brain fog, memory loss), joint and muscle pain, hair loss and dryness throughout the body including organs and glands. In my personal opinion, if you are experiencing fatigue, cognitive dysfunction, joint and muscle pain, hair loss and dryness throughout the body, it is your body indicating to you that the implants are causing illness and should be removed as soon as possible. Because breast implants affect most body systems, symptoms are widespread and can be related to toxicity, immune dysfunction/failure, auto-immune diseases, neurological symptoms, endocrine symptoms and metabolic symptoms. Here is a longer list of some of the symptoms, but in no way complete, that have been associated with breast implants:
- FATIGUE OR CHRONIC FATIGUE
- COGNITIVE DYSFUNCTION (BRAIN FOG, MEMORY LOSS)
- MUSCLE PAIN, JOINT PAIN AND STIFFNESS
- HAIR LOSS
- POOR SLEEP
- DRY EYES, DECLINE IN VISION, VISION DISTURBANCES
- HYPO/HYPER THYROID SYMPTOMS
- HYPO/HYPER ADRENAL SYMPTOMS
- ESTROGEN/PROGESTERONE IMBALANCE OR DIMINISHING HORMONES
- SLOW HEALING OF CUTS AND SCRAPES, EASY BRUISING
- THROAT CLEARING, DIFFICULTY SWALLOWING, COUGH, REFLUX
- GASTROINTESTINAL ISSUES
- FEVERS, NIGHT SWEATS, INTOLERANT TO HEAT
- NEW AND PERSISTENT BACTERIAL AND VIRAL INFECTIONS
- SLOW CLEARING OF COMMON COLDS AND FLUES
- FUNGAL INFECTIONS, YEAST INFECTIONS, CANDIDA
- NEW SKIN RASHES
- EAR RINGING
- SUDDEN FOOD INTOLERANCE AND ALLERGIES
- PAIN AND SLOW MUSCLE RECOVERY AFTER ACTIVITY
- WAVES OF MUSCLE WEAKNESS
- HEART PALPITATIONS, CHANGES IN NORMAL HEART RATE OR HEART PAIN
- SORE AND ACHING JOINTS OF SHOULDERS, HIPS, BACKBONE, HANDS AND FEET
- SWOLLEN AND TENDER LYMPH NODES IN BREAST AREA, UNDERARM, THROAT, NECK, GROIN
- BOUTS OF DEHYDRATION FOR NO REASON
- NUMBNESS/TINGLING SENSATIONS IN UPPER AND LOWER LIMBS
- COLD AND DISCOLORED LIMBS, HANDS AND FEET
- GENERAL CHEST DISCOMFORT SHORTNESS OF BREATH
- PAIN AND OR BURNING SENSATION AROUND IMPLANT AND OR UNDERARM
- LIVER AND KIDNEY DYSFUNCTION
- TOXIC SHOCK SYMPTOMS
- ANXIETY, DEPRESSION PARTIAL OR FULL PANIC ATTACKS
- SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF FIBROMYALGIA
- SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF LYME DISEASE
- SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASES SUCH AS; RAYNAUD’S SYNDROME, HASHIMOTO’S THYROIDITIS, RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS, SCLERODERMA, LUPUS, NONSPECIFIC AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE, MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS
- SYMPTOMS OF OR DIAGNOSIS OF ALCL LYMPHOMA
What tests should I have if I suspect that I have breast implant illness?
While there is no one definitive test to determine if your implants are the root of your illnesses, the following tests can be used to investigate some of the problems caused by breast implants:
- ANA – ANTINUCLEAR ANTIBODY
- CBC – COMPLETE BLOOD COUNT
- CMP – COMPREHENSIVE METABOLIC PANEL
- PM CORTISOL – TO CHECK ADRENAL HYPOFUNCTION WHICH IS COMMON
- FREE T3/T4 – TO CHECK THYROID PROBLEMS
- HOMOCYSTEINE – TO CHECK VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY OR FOLIC ACID DEFICIENCY
- VITAMIN D 25 OH – VITAMIN D DEFICIENCY
- CRP-C – TO DETECT INFLAMMATION
- POSSIBLE CO-INFECTIONS OF FUNGUS, BACTERIA, LYME ETC.
- EKG FOR HEART
- MRI OR ULTRASOUND – TO DETECT IMPLANT LEAKS/RUPTURES –
REMEMBER IMPLANTS DO NOT HAVE TO BE LEAKING OR RUPTURED, THEY BLEED/SWEAT THEIR CONTENTS FROM DAY ONE.
Why do breast implants cause illness?
Breast implants cause illness because they are large foreign objects which overwhelm and impair our immune systems causing immune system dysfunction and auto-immune symptoms. Immune system dysfunction allows opportunistic bacteria and fungi to grow out of control causing serious bacterial and fungal infections in our body which produce large amounts of bio-toxins which overload our organs. In addition, implants are made of silicone which is a chemical soup of dangerous toxins and heavy metals that when implanted in the body begin breaking down due to body chemistry and releasing and circulating particulates of silicone and neuro-toxic, cyto-toxic, carcinogenic chemicals and heavy metals contaminating tissues, organs, glands and body systems. Simply put silicone is a biologically active and toxic substance that causes bio-toxins and systemically poisons and impairs many functions of the body.
When do breast implants cause illness?
It makes no difference whether your implants are cohesive gel, saline with a silicone shell or silicone with a silicone shell. In fact, the cohesive gel implants seem to be the worst implants because they contain more aggressive chemicals used in making the silicone cohesive. However, no matter the implant type, sooner than you realize, all breast implants impair our immune system and the silicone shell deteriorates releasing toxins and allowing the filling whether toxic cohesive gel, saline or regular toxic silicone to permeate the shell and contaminate our body. According to several studies, most implants deteriorate and or rupture within six to ten years but sooner in many cases.
READ NICOLE’S STORY:
I was implanted with cohesive gel implants October 2005. The plastic surgeon informed me breast implants should be replaced every ten years to be on the safe side and I was planning on having them removed in ten years. Despite the ten year safety plan, I first noticed breast implant symptoms only three years after implantation in October 2008. The first symptoms I noted were brain fog and what appeared to be hypothyroidism. Not realizing my symptoms could be from breast implants, I attempted to manage with better nutrition, exercise and supplements with some success. But as time progressed, more symptoms appeared such as ringing in my ears, easy bruising, slow healing of cuts and scrapes, hormonal imbalances, yeast infections, ear infections, hair loss and fatigue. Shortly, the fatigue worsened to the point I felt something was very wrong. Then in a six month period a storm of other symptoms quickly showed up such as food intolerance/allergies, headaches, sore/aching shoulder and hip joints, aching backbone, severe dehydration at times, muscle weakness, swollen and sore lymph in the upper body, sore kidneys and liver, fevers during day, night sweats, fast/irregular heartbeat, shortness of breath, chest discomfort, burning/pain around the implant and underarm, panic attacks all finally culminating in toxic shock due to the amount of toxic chemicals circulating in my body from the silicone.
According to the plastic surgeon who removed my implants seven years and three months after initial implantation, they were intact with no ruptures or leaks. Before explantation surgery, I requested my implants back and they were brought to me a few hours after I woke from surgery. They smelled strongly of chemicals similar to wet kitchen or bathroom silicone caulking. I inspected them very carefully and the left breast implant has an air bubble in it less than one cm in width at the inside surface of the shell. There should be no air bubbles in cohesive gel implants which tells me the silicone shell was permeable inside my body for some time even though not ruptured. The history of my symptoms also tells me that the silicone shells of my breast implants were permeable and poisoning me me as early as the first few years after being implanted.
Read more HERE.