This Cabbage Steak Recipe is a must try recipe. I love boiled cabbage but this has so much more flavor and will most definitely become a family favorite. If you like cheese and aren’t living the Paleo lifestyle, add your favorite cheese in the last few minutes and let it melt. ither way, this is Excellent!! Serves 4.
1 (2 lb) head of organic green cabbage, cut into 1 inch thick slice
1.5 Tbsp. olive oil
2 to 3 large garlic cloves, smashed
Freshly ground black pepper
Spray olive oil or non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400F and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pull outer leaf off cabbage (it’s usually dirty and nasty looking), cut cabbage from top to bottom (bottom being root) into 1″ thick slices.
- Rub both sides of cabbage with smashed garlic.
- Use a pastry brush to evenly spread the olive oil over both sides of the cabbage slices.
- Finally, sprinkle each side with a bit of kosher salt and freshly cracked black pepper.
- For a gas stove: Roast on the middle rack for 15 minutes. For an electric stove: Roast on the middle rack for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the cabbage steaks and roast for an additional 30 minutes until edges are brown and crispy. Serve hot and Enjoy!