Banana nut cream cheese bread or any banana nut bread for that matter is a favorite of mine. It’s hard to resist when I see it on a menu or a co-worker brings a loaf to work and wants to share. Being allergic to gluten and having other food allergies prevents me from this tasty treat when I am out and about so I did some research and created a recipes of my own that I’m excited to share with you. I hope you love it as much as I do! Makes 12 super delicious servings.
3/4 cup Country Crock stick butter, softened
1 (8 oz.) pkg. gluten-free Publix brand plain cream cheese, softened (or another gluten-free brand)
2 cups sugar
2 large farm fresh eggs
3 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
4 medium bananas, mashed
1 cup roughly chopped pecans
1/2 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
1. Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
2. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
4. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in separate bowl
5. Gradually add mix to the butter mixture, beating at low-speed just until blended.
6. Stir in bananas. I mash a bit then add them in the mixture and use the mix them to blend them in, still leaving them lumpy.
7. Stir in pecans, and vanilla.
8. Spray bread pan with Pam, olive or canola oil.
9. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8×4 inch loaf pans.
>Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean and sides pull away from pan, shielding with aluminum foil last 15 minutes to prevent browning, if necessary. If after one hour your bread is not completely cooked through. Bake it for an extra 10-15 minutes.
10. Cool bread in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
11. Remove from pans, and cool 30 minutes on wire racks before slicing.