This is a homemade, healthy, dairy free chocolate syrup that can be used to top ice cream or any other dish you’d use store-bought chocolate syrup for, including making chocolate milk for yourself and your family. I am super surprised at how delicious this turned out. ENJOY!
1 Cup Water
2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
1 Cup Coconut Sugar (Regular Sugar will work too)
1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Pinch of Sea Salt
Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk (needed for making chocolate milk only)
- Using a medium saucepan, heat water and cocoa powder together over medium heat.
- Add sugar and bring the mixture to a boil, stirring the chocolate syrup continually to prevent burning.
- Once the mixture comes to a boil lower your heat to medium-low and cook the syrup until its slightly thick, usually around 5-8 minutes.
- Stir the vanilla extract and salt into the chocolate syrup and set aside to cool.
- Once cooled, pour the syrup into a storage container and refrigerate.
- For chocolate Milk add some of the chocolate syrup to a cup of unsweetened, vanilla Almond milk and enjoy!