This dish is a super YUMMY, DELICIOUS on the go meal or snack! It also work great if you have a few folks coming by for breakfast. Accent these omelette muffins with organic turkey bacon and some organic fruit and you have the perfect breakfast for you and your guest. It’s gluten-free and Paleo.
They come out of the oven looking like big fluffy muffins but then shrink up a bit – kind of like soufflés.
For some added protein, sauté some of your favorite organic ground turkey or organic beef (about 1/2 to 3/4 pounds) and mix into the egg mixture.
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
1 green bell pepper, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped (optional if you love a little kick)
12 large eggs, whisked
½ tsp. black pepper
½ tsp. salt (optional)
Unsweet vanilla almond milk (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wisk all eggs in a large bowl.
4. Add vegetables to egg mixture and stir well, sprinkling in salt and pepper. (I’ve added spinach and kale).
5. With a brush coat a muffin pan (large or small) with coconut oil.
6. Pour mixture into measuring cup (any cup with do) and use it to fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.
7. Place in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes (gas oven cooks them in 30 minutes). Remove them once the tops get high, fluffy and golden brown.
7. Spoon them out with a large spoon, immediately, running the spoon around each muffin before lifting will get them out perfectly, and onto your serving plate. Another great thing is that they freeze incredibly well. ENJOY!