This meal has a lot of flavor to offer. The recipe itself can be baked in the oven or cooked on a stove top. It turns out great either way but I love the ease of a crockpot while I’m cleaning or working about the house. Before cooking, consider doubling the sauce because it’s truly wonderful on cauliflower rice and steamed vegetables like broccoli. If you want a little kick to it or if you just like it hot, add a little ginger or red pepper flakes and enjoy. Serves 6.
2 lbs chicken breast or chicken thighs
1/2 cup almond butter
1 tsp cumin (start small and work your way up if you decide you want more)
1 tsp crushed garlic
1 lime, juiced (if you don’t have a lime, use orange juice or lemon)
1/4 cup coconut aminos
1/2 cup chicken broth
- Spray a 4 quart slow cooker. Put the chicken into the bottom and add the almond butter.
- Add cumin and garlic. Squeeze in lime, and add soy sauce/coconut aminos and chicken broth.
- Stir as well as you can to combine (the almond butter will be clumpy, and that’s just fine).
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for about 4 hours.
- Serve over cauliflower rice and vegetables.
Check out other crock-pot recipes on Kerri Chronicles: