This traditional dish is great in the slow cooker and super delicious for a hearty meal all year round but especially on a cold winter night or in the summer when tomatoes and peppers are fresh from the garden and super sweet to eat. Add some homemade ketchup if you like or eat them straight from the crock-pot, either way you and your family will love them. Serves 6. Enjoy!
6 Large Peppers (Green or Red)
2 lbs Ground Beef or Bison, uncooked
1 Onion, Minced
3 Cloves of Garlic, crushed (or use wet garlic)
3 Tomatoes, Peeled and Chopped
I Cup Beef Broth
1 tsp. Salt
1/2 tsp. Pepper
1/4 Cup Basil
1 Tbsp. Cumin
1 Tbsp. Dried Oregano
– Cut tops off of peppers and pull out the insides and clean.
– Mix ground meat with herbs, cumin, salt, pepper, onions and garlic.
– Lightly brown the mixture in a heavy bottom pan over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking up meat.
– Stuff the peppers in mixture and arrange in slow cooker.
– Place tomatoes on top and around peppers and pour in broth.
– Cook on low 4 to 6 hours.
– Salt and pepper to taste and serve.