This dish is really quick and easy to make and it’s super tasty. This is another family favorite that I make often. I also like to make it in batches and freeze it in single serving containers for delicious lunches. If you don’t like broccoli, make it with peas, that’s good too.
2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
6 oz. Fully Cooked turkey sausage cut into ¼ thick slices
1 lb. Boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2” pieces
1 pkg. (14.4 oz.) frozen sliced bell peppers and onions
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Cajun seasoning
3 cups cooked white or brown rice
1 pkg. frozen broccoli
1 cup chicken broth
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium to high heat. Add turkey sausage and cook until golden brown and fully done. Transfer to plate and cut up into ¼ inches pieces.
- Add chicken thighs and cook just until browned. Transfer to plate. Cut up into 2” pieces.
- Cook peppers and onions, stirring until liquid evaporates. Add garlic and seasoning and cook, stirring a minute or more.
- Add cooked rice, frozen broccoli and broth.
- Add sausage and chicken back to skillet stirring everything together.
- Cover and cook until chicken is fully cooked.